Knockout and Characterization of LC2 in Axonemal Dynein of Trypanosoma brucei Using CRISPR-Cas9 and RT-qPCR
Ethan Lopez (1), Madison Ragland (2), Katherine Wentworth (2,4), Lucy Fischer (1), Subash Godar (3,4), Joshua Alper (2,3,4)
(1)Department of Genetics and Biochemistry, (2)Department of Biological Sciences, (3) Department of Physics and Astronomy, (4) Eukaryotic Pathogen Innovation Center
- Liu, B., Saber, A., & Haisma, H. J. (2019). CRISPR/Cas9: A powerful tool for identification of new targets for cancer treatment. Drug Discovery Today,24(4), 955-970. doi:10.1016/j.drudis.2019.02.011
- Rico, E., Jeacock, L., Kovářová, J., & Horn, D. (2018). Inducible high-efficiency CRISPR-Cas9-targeted gene editing and precision base editing in African trypanosomes. Scientific Reports,8(1). doi:10.1038/s41598-018-26303-w
- Real-Time PCR Handbook. Applied Biosystems. Thermo Fischer Scientific Inc., 2014.
- TriTrypDB. March 2, 2020. NIAID Bioinformatics Resource Centers. https://tritrypdb.org/tritrypdb/app
- Duo Peng and Rick Tarleton. EuPaGDT: a web tool tailored to design CRISPR guide RNAs for eukaryotic pathogens. Microbial Genomics. 2015. doi: 10.1099/mgen.0.000033
- Beneke T., Madden R., Valli J., Makin L., Sunter J. and Gluenz E (2017). A CRISPR Cas9 high-throughput genome editing toolkit for kinetoplastids. Royal Society Open Science 10.1098/rsos.170095.
- Geneious Prime 2020.1. https://www.geneious.com
-Research reported in this poster was supported by NIAID of the National Institutes of Health under award number R15AI137979.
-The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the National Institutes of Health.
-Research reported in this poster was supported by Clemson University through the Creative Inquiry program.