SMA Conference

Written by QCR

After spending time together in Chicago, the students and I spent the Fall 2015 semester analyzing, and writing up our results. In March 2016, three months after the conclusion of our 2015 CI group, we decided to submit our research manuscript to the annual meeting of the Society of Marketing Advances (SMA) Conference, taking place in Atlanta, GA from November 2 – 5, 2016. In July, we found out that our manuscript was accepted, and we began to prepare our presentation.

In November, Rachael, Kristy, Billie, Robbie and I met in Atlanta. We had a great weekend attending the difference conference sessions and receptions. I was impressed with our team’s networking abilities and professionalism. I received many complements after the event at how well Clemson was represented!

Small, 2016-11-04 18.42.26
Billie and Kristy networking at SMA

Our actual presentation went very well. It was entitled “That‘s so Relevant: Exploring the 7 Assemblage Paradoxes behind the Lollapalooza Music Festival.” The audience was very engaged and asked great questions afterward. I was very proud and impressed! The next day, the students supported me at a presentation that I gave at a teaching session on our Creative Inquiry. It was very special to me to have them in the audience.

CI Crew After Teaching Presentation

To celebrate our accomplishments we went out to dinner at Tuk Tuk Thai together, and Julie was able to join us. Huzzah! They all surprised me with a frame picture of us at Lollapalooza collecting data that previous summer, which meant a lot to me.

Small, 2016-11-04 20.59.35
Dinner at Tuk Tuk Thai Loft

What a special time with an exceptional group. Cheers!

Anastasia, November 2016